Wednesday, April 22, 2009

well, hello there!

Hey you. I've been absent from the blogosphere lately... I just couldn't force myself to sit and write happy things when really, my heart has been hurting. Today, I am making a conscious decision to dwell on good things though, and I do have plenty to be thankful for.

I am thankful for my beautiful family and my full-of-life child. I needed to take William to have new portraits taken but when my parents forgot their [incredibly nice] camera at our house the last time they visited, I decided who needs a professional photographer? I can do it myself, thank you very much. And in true Shannon-fashion (which I'm pretty sure I inherited from BOTH of my parents!) I did do it myself.

I think I did a pretty decent job (maybe?) and I love that they capture William's sweet and spunky personality.









And P.S. Not all projects I take on turn out so well... I very frequently take on projects bigger than I can handle. Which is why my kitchen cabinets (um, yes... after 5 months) are still not quite finished.

2 comments:

Zarina said...

Wow, those are great pics! You're probably lucky that your kid is so photogenic to start with :)

Kjerstine said...

YOU ARE A WONDERFUL PHOTOGRAPHER! i love the photos and think you should do this more often!!
I plan on or should I say want to take a photography class this summer!!! :) way to go!