Monday, April 6, 2009

spring, finally

Last week, it was snowing. Today it is 62 degrees. Oh, how I love the weather around here. Always a surprise.


On Saturday, after a lovely morning with the Husband and the Boy, I went antique-ing with Natalie and found some lovely finds.


And then, I walked home (nice thing about a small town! everything is walking distance. more or less.). It was sunny and peaceful and birds were chirping and it was.... delicious.

perfection

4 comments:

Zarina said...

So what kind of antiques did you buy?

I am not a big antique person. i like new modern stuff. Does that make me snobby, lol?

Oh and I guess I'm sort of superstitious - I've seen too many TV shows where some item was owned by a terrible person and that item takes on bad qualities. It sounds so lame when I write that, but oh well!

*shannon said...

I got a few black & white photos and some big letters that I'll paint and display somewhere. My parents really love antiques, so I've been in my fair share of stores, but it wasn't until a few years ago that I discovered that I like some antiques as well. I mostly like the dishes. I'm a little scared of some antiques, and the stores too! I don't love the dusty smell and the creepy feeling of old stuff. I'll have to take you sometime though, there are some cool finds in antique stores :)

And I bought a chair too! I recovered the seat cushion and re-painted the chair. It's pretty lovely, I think. I'll post pics soon!

Kjerstine said...

If i were on your cruise I'd totally watch the little man so you could do an excursion;
in PV i zip lined... amazing! i did that through the cruise; in Cabo i just found a company [$40 dollars] to parasail... it was awesome! you have to do that, and the little man can ride in the boat & you and hubby can take turns watching him?!?!
:)
HAVE A BLAST... i loved it, although i didnt go in a pool once, bc they are kinda tiny...but the food is pretty dang good and the decks to lay out on are my fave!!!!
cant wait to see your photos of this trip!
[remember Vaughn Cooper... ;) he and i are kind of dating... crazy right?!?!]
xo

Kjerstine said...

I think it is hard in this day and age to not say rude things back to rude people... but im going to try!

i hope you like blue like jazz... i like it thus far...
so we shall see! :)

ohhh its sunny over here, if you did live in UP we could go to a park!! that would be OH SO MUCH FUN!