Monday, August 3, 2009

i love farms

I do. I like to daydream about living on a farm and wearing cute plaid shirts and playing with baby cows all day long.

A friend from work lives on a farm and invited us to visit! I refrained from wearing a plaid shirt [as much as I wanted to] because I wasn't sure if that would be offensive. I also skipped the pigtails and cowboy boots.

We were in heaven. We pulled up and I think Ryan was already embarrassed by me because I was giggly and giddy and far more excited than a dignified woman should be. Isn't their farm gorgeous?
There were kittens! I think William was beside himself with excitement too. So many new things in one day!

William & the farm dog


Check out the horse in the background (horses!!)


Ryan only pretended to be cool and calm. I know he was totally giddy too.




Pretty horses. I expected William to be at least a little nervous around them. Um, he wasn't. And that made me nervous.




lovely.


They took us on a ride through the country

And this is about when William finally realized that we were being pulled by horses



William's first time roasting a hot dog. (They were actually perfect homemade sausages, but that's a little harder for him to say)



William dragged me around so he could show me the cows and horses.



feeding the horses


Feeding the cows

Did you know that cows can't bite you? They only have teeth on the bottom (or top? I can't remember.) But I learned this after my kid stuck his hand in there and about gave me a heart attack.


he walked around like he owned the place.




sunset


eating banana boats

And also, did you know that baby cows are scared of people? They are. I was maybe a little heartbroken about not getting to snuggle a baby cow.

1 comments:

Zarina said...

It looks like a beautiful place! And you and William are matching in stripes, so adorable :)