Thursday, July 23, 2009

day 7

He sleeps a lot.


This was another day at sea. The night before I had to leave dinner because of cranky child and the server (not our beloved Martina that night!) wouldn't let Ryan bring me my food. I was a big sobby hungry mess by the time Ryan returned from dinner so he took me to get some food. And then, because not even food made me feel better, I booked us a couples spa day.


So my pretty husband and I went to the spa where we did some sort of fancy exfoliation thing, massages and facials. It was lovely.


And then Ryan did the family scavenger hunt while I was busy getting all the massage oil out of my hair and picking up miniature Harry Potter:


And then I had entertain William the rest of the afternoon because after the previous night's meltdown, he was banned from afternoon naps.

So we went to a cookie decorating class. And then there was a kid's ice cream eating competition. You would think my kid is genetically predisposed to smashing the competition with something like that, but he actually wanted nothing to do with it and freaked out.



So, I know it sounds counter intuitive to deprive him of a nap, but his crankiness at dinner was from being awoken mid nap, not from being tired. When he's tired, he does fun things like this:


Plus, he gets snuggly.
I somehow lost track of days in there somewhere, because I know that the hot dog nap incident was not the same day as the second formal night, but I cannot figure out which day was which...

Anyway, we had our second formal night. And William was cuter than ever (Am I one of those irritating moms who gushes over her child? I hope not because I am honestly toning myself down. I refrained from telling you about his toilet training status. And unless you're my mom/dad/brother/co-workers I didn't even call you with the sole purpose of discussing poopies. So there you go.)


William & Uncle Robbie. William is so funny (here I go gushing again, sorry), he would play with one of his uncles/aunts/cousins and then as they parted he would look at me and say "Who's that, mommy?" I would tell him and he would say "oh. I like him!"
The grandkids & great grandkids
That night a bunch of us went to karaoke.

I tried to get Ryan to sing Total Eclipse of the Heart with me but he wasn't having it.
Oh my goodness my friends, I am almost done!

0 comments: