Thursday, February 19, 2009

snackies

via orange beautiful on etsy

Oh, hi.

Have I told you about the snack table situation at my office? Oh no? Well. We have a table that people put snacks on. Stuff they baked or leftovers from meetings, you know. The snack table is unavoidable. It's in the same room as my mail. The same room as the water cooler. Unavoidable. Seriously, almost every single day there is something on that table. This week: Donuts on Tuesday, Coffee cake on Wednesday, and today? Oh.my.gosh. Rediculous. I walked in there and just froze. I honestly didn't know whether to turn around and forget about the mail or grab a plate and start piling it on. There was an entire pizza. (Hawaiian. Obviously saying no to the food was impossible after I saw that.) A platter of scones. Cartons of juice. Cookies. A box of donuts (including one that looked a little like something the Easter Bunny might throw up...) and two plates of rice cakes. I think someone saw the table of junk and decided to provide an alternative. Nice try. Who's going to pass up pizza for a rice cake? Not me. And did I mention that there are only like ten people in my office?? And that I'm not really sure where all this food came from? That also did not stop me from eating it.

And also: my parents are visiting us this weekend. Really, they are visiting William. But I like to think that I am like the free gift with purchase at Clinique, which is the best part, right?

Saturday we are all taking William swimming, which means that I must wear a bathing suit. It's a good thing my mama gave birth to me and probably doesn't care what I look like in said bathing suit. Because these legs have not seen sunlight in a while and they are blindingly white.

Ok, and lastly: tonight is what we like to call a good tv night. They happen, oh, twice a week? Tonight happens to be The Office/30 Rock/America's Best Dance Crew night. And that is something worth celebrating. Every week. And did you know there were cloggers on ABDC?? That is some must-see tv.

Have a lovely Thursday evening, friends.



1 comments:

Ryan said...

Ok, we have this same snack situation at my work. We get an email a day "there are {insert: donuts, cookies, cake, candies, LARD} on the production table. Please help yourself!" I happen to work 5 steps away from said production table. AGONY! The day they set out the red and pink starbursts, I'll let you know! ;)