Monday, February 2, 2009

daily doubled.

A little update on the Jeopardy situation... I maybe shouldn't have hyped the whole thing up so much.
Because a few things:
1. I'm totally not smart enough to be on Jeopardy,
2. ANYONE could try out.
3. I'm sorry if I let anyone down. But really, if you're let down, you probably should know that I spend far too much time watching the Real World to be a legitimate contestant on Jeopardy.

The test was stinkin hard. They gave me 15 seconds to read and answer each question, and I finally got frustrated with not knowing answers so I just typed in random words like booger and yo mama. But, I did get a few right. Like, "Son of legendary crooner Julio Iglesias" (or something like that.) And of course I knew that one because he used to be totally hot in like 2000. And I knew that Mt. Rainier is the tallest mountain in the ______ range, because, well, I live there. And it might be a little pathetic if I didn't get that one. So there were a few others that I got, but in the end, I felt pretty dumb. True story: one time on Jeopardy there was an entire category of questions related to cereal. I nailed that category. Unfortunately, my useless knowledge of cereal, cereal jingles and cereal spokes-cartoons won't get me a spot on Jeopardy.

In additional news, I watched the Super Bowl with the husband yesterday and I ate a rediculous amount of food. I think I'll take it easy with the tacquitos for a while.

And, finally, the most thrilling (or maybe disturbing) news from this weekend: The Kid is starting to form sentences. Unfortunately, this consists of peeking down the back of my pants and asking "Didoo poopoo?".

0 comments: