Tuesday, November 11, 2008

it's about time

So, the husband has told me that my blog has been boring lately. SORRY. It's probably appropriate for me to take this opportunity to let you know that we bought a house. YAY!! Since we're moving on Friday, I'm pretty confident that things are actually going to go through. Oh, how I hope so, since I am living amongst piles of boxes (you know how when you're cleaning/organizing, things get worse before they get better? Yeah, I'm there.) and have spent far too many hours looking at paint chips. And you better believe that after living in apartments for so long, there will not be a single white wall.


Anyway, between the craziness of moving and the craziness of giant baby, the blog has been a little neglected. Speaking of The Kid, the unspeakable has happened. He learned to climb out of his crib. Yes, my life as I know it is over (like it wasn't already over when this bundle of trouble was born?). We went to peek in at him, imagining his sweet little face dreaming while he snuggled with his teddy. Oh.my.gosh. He came waltzing right out of his room (with his rainboots on, no less) ready to go. We didn't even know what to say. And then this morning, I was blow drying my hair and I heard his feet thundering down the hall as he yelled "mama? mama?!". He had escaped again.


Time for a cage.

I'm not kidding.

2 comments:

Zarina said...

Congrats on the house!!! I want to see pics!!

Where exactly is it at? How many did you look at before choosing this one? Yard or no yard?

I want details! :P

Natalie said...

I KNEW there was a reason I hadn't heard form you in a week! Good luck lady, call us if you need some help, I am an expert mover, I only lose abotu three boxes worth of stuff per move (usually unimportant things, like birth certificates...).