Tuesday, March 31, 2009

lucky you

You get two posts in one day, yay!


I realize this is incredibly overdue (hey, that's just my style.) but I promised a little re-cap of the Grand Twilight Release Party of 2009 Adventure.



So, here goes.


Natalie and I love Twilight. We do. We have bonded over an obsession with a fictitious vampire. We braved the creepiness that is Hot Topic to buy Team Edward and Team Jacob shirts. We wore said t-shirts together. Yes, in public even. This is how dedicated we are to the Twilight phenomenon.


So, naturally, we were the first in line for the Twilight release party at our good old Walmart. (sidenote: I've decided that Walmart is quite definitely the armpit of Moscow.)


We showed up decked out in our Twilight gear ready for a party. I even [heavily] caffeinated myself for the occasion. And then we got to stand outside Walmart for an hour waiting for them to open the doors so that we could be the first to buy the sparkly goodness that is Twilight. We were well-entertained though, don't you worry. We got to hang out with some fun 15 year olds (um... we were the oldest people there, except for the moms that had to drive their underage daughters. embarrassing? nope. we're hardcore like that.) We also got to observe the mating rituals of greasy adolescents (like I said, armpit.) Fascinating.


And after all that, they threw the doors open, we ran like our lives depended on it, narrowly avoided being trampled to bits, and fought for our prized merchandise.


Or not.


But we did have the best time.




Isn't she the cutest?!


My dear Natalie did a much better job of describing the {ahem} experience here.


PS. Check out her shop, yo.



PPS. You're Welcome:

1 comments:

Zarina said...

I have to admit, I didn't buy the movie. Yet.

I'm not sure I want to see it again; my movie theater experience of it was fantastic and I'm not sure I want to see the movie and "overwrite" my theater experience.

I bought a regular ol' Twilight shirt (black shirt with the word Twilight on the front) and I do wear it in public. Proudly. Lol.