Wednesday, October 22, 2008

i know, i know

I apologize for being MIA for a while...


Speaking of M.I.A., I do love that song she has on the radio, but does anyone else find it awkward to sing along to? I mean, I am horrible at making cash register sounds. Just a thought.

I have been super busy. And by super busy, I mean much more than the usual frantic pace of my daily life.

The Kid and I enjoyed some quality time with the fam (both sides) this weekend. I went to a workshop on Friday (very cool by the way - I met Tom Brokaw's buddy, which is almost like meeting Tom, right?). The Kid spent the day with our dear friend/Ryan's 2nd mama, Cheri. I expected Will to put up a fight when it came time for me to leave him there, but he just knew, like we all know, how wonderful she is, so there was not a single tear. That totally made my day. It is impossibly hard to leave my baby when he is crying for me. Impossible. After the nice start to my morning, I was also so excited to have PANERA for lunch. My favorite! You better believe I chowed down on that stuff. Whomever organized the catered buffet lunch obviously didn't see me coming. And then I had a Jamba Juice on the way home. (I know! Best day ever!) But then, it got even better. I went on a date with Cheri and my sweet MIL to THAI FOOD. Yeah, and you thought I couldn't top Jamba Juice. So really, it was just a day revolving around food. Which is the best kind of day, in my humble opinion.

So you don't think I've been absent so long due to an obsession with food, I did keep myself busy the rest of the weekend. In between meals, of course.

Saturday, MIL and I took Kid to a farm! A real, live, lots-of animals farm. Will rode a pony! I live for the photo-ops, so I may have forced him against his will to get on the pony and love it, but he at least tolerated it, and we got the picture.


He also rode in a canoe. You would think he would have a fit over climbing into a cold wet foreign object that floats in cold, wet water, but I could barely stop him from jumping right into the water. I guess after the pony, a canoe was a piece of cake since there was no risk of it hurling him into a pile of poo.



We also took full advantage of the classic baby-in-a-pile-of-pumpkins photo op. Yeah, he's cute. And he can't say pumpkin yet, so he just says "ball". He insisted on napping with his precious pumpkin in his lap on the ride home. It was too adorable.



Saturday night and Sunday morning we hung out with my side of the fam, mostly letting The Kid entertain us. Did you know he can now make sheep, cow, lion and elephant noises? My kid is totally gifted. Really.


After all these animal noises, and jumping practice and running around with no pants on (the kid, not me), I realized something. My child is quite possibly the most loved little man on earth. He has the best grandparents ever. And while I may not be a perfect mama, I am absolutely crazy about him. I think he likes me too.

0 comments: