Friday, August 29, 2008

i love lentils

So in Pullman we have this thing called Lentil Festival. I know, we're a small town and we have to get excited about something.

I actually really love lentils. I know it's a weird thing to love, but the Lentil Festival only solidifies my enchantment with the lovely legumes.
After putting significant effort into organizing the district's participation in the Friday night street fair, it only makes sense that I would go and admire my work. And swipe a few of the custom sparkly pencils I ordered.




I hauled the kid and the pup down to the festival (easier said than done, trust me.) to meet up with the Husband. We canoodled and shmoozed and all that fun stuff. It's great living in a small town - I think we knew at least 82.7% of the people there. And we met the other 17.3%. We ate some food, took some pictures, and the Husband bought me a lovely new necklace. (Thanks, love)




















On Saturday, I once again hauled the kid and pup downtown - this time for the parade. Have you ever been in a parade?? I have never been in one, and let me tell you, I was slightly giddy. I felt like a beauty queen.... or at least like someone walking down the middle of the road waving like one.

















After we met up with the group of dog owners, I promptly handed the pup off to someone,























let the kid snuggle with a giant dog,









































and then pawned the kid off to a stranger (what? he seemed nice enough.)















This freed my hands up for the aforementioned beauty queen wave.

And in about 5 minutes, my shot at fame was over. I hauled kid and pup back home. I did stop for a puppy nap in the bushes















and a puppy nap in a waterfall .















Yeah, my little monster is cute.

After some serious naptimes for the three of us (Ryan missed naptime because he had to work, poor baby...). We made our way back down to the Lentil Festival to partake in hotdogs and lemonade with Bratalie (Brandon + Natalie, get it? Sorry... I'll work on a better name). Will is pretty much in love with Natalie.




Like, he has a totally inappropriate amount of love for her.
Sorry kid, she's taken.

1 comments:

Zarina said...

I love the lentil festival! I miss it...they had Matt Nathanson sing there one year and it was awesome.